Terratek 1500W SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill Review
Terratek 1500W SDS Plus Rotary Hammer Drill
When it comes to the versatility of a rotary hammer drill, it doesn’t get much better than the Terratek 1500W SDS Plus impact drill.
With three function modes, you can quickly transform the impact drill to fit a wide variety of needs. Use it as a rotary drill, switch to an impact drill with a rotary stop, or turn it into a regular hammer drill. The choice is yours.
The Terretek Plus impact drill also comes equipped with the latest vibration reduction technology to reduce vibration and discomfort in your hands during use. Anyone who has used a drill for an extended period knows the harsh vibrations can be a serious mood killer.
The drill sports an incredible 1500W hammer which is industry leading in terms of power and torque. If you’ve been waiting for a tool with a significant amount of power you certainly won’t be disappointed with the Terratek rotary hammer drill.
When used as a drill, the 5.5 Joules of impact helps you finish your drilling projects in a flash, and it is also quite powerful when used to chisel a wide variety of surfaces. Unlike some other power tools that jam easily when a high amount of power is used the integral clutch quickly reduces high torque to reduce jams so that you can continue your work without interruption. The drill can also be used in small and tight spaces due to its 360-degree side handle that easily conforms to whatever surface you’re working on.
While the drill has some incredible power, it’s not overbearing and can be adjusted quickly based on your needs. There aren’t many projects the Terratek won’t be able to get done.
Here are the specs of the Terratek Plus Rotary Hammer
Weight 8 Kg
Dimensions 44.6 x 35.2 x 13.4 cm
Power Source Corded/Corded Electric
Plug Format BS 3 Pin Plug
Batteries Included? No
Batteries Required? No
While the Terratek brand might not be as well known as some of the other tool brands out there, 40 years of building incredible tools and providing great customer service must mean they are doing something right.
- The Terratek Plus Rotary Hammer Drill packs a serious power punch. There’s not much this drill can’t do! Breaks through concrete and cement with ease.
- High-quality manufacturing from start to finish, and top notch support.
- For the power, you won’t find a better price.
- A generous two-year warranty in case you have any issues!
- The ‘chuck’ quality has caused some users some issues. But Terratek has proved to be responsive to users who have had an issue!
- It’s quite heavy for the average user which can cause some discomfort during extended use.
While the ‘chuck’ issue is a little concerning, the overall concerns of the Terratek 1500W Rotary Hammer is overwhelmingly positive.
- Due to its heavier than normal weight, if you’re not an experienced craftsman or craftswoman we suggest you might consider a lighter alternative.
- If you’re needing some power and know what you’re doing in the workshop, you should definitely give this tool a good thorough look.